The bare foot is the best running coach money can't buy.

Please visit me at my new site...

This site now has a permanent URL at www.BarefootJosh.com. You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds, or go ahead and click here to go there now.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Iris' first 5k (and my first barefoot race) a success

I decided to keep the wife company since it was her first 5k. It was a small race, and I figured there would be some lonely stretches. So I was the waterboy. Iris ran intelligently and enjoyed herself.

On my part, it was pretty uneventful. Toe, ankle, not an issue. I just focused on keeping my cadence up. Iris' pace was steady, and we only stopped to walk twice, briefly, while going up some hills. The last mile we caught up to a kid with a number wearing denim capris; the three of us chatted and finished together. An all round pleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment