The bare foot is the best running coach money can't buy.

Please visit me at my new site...

This site now has a permanent URL at www.BarefootJosh.com. You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds, or go ahead and click here to go there now.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

10k PR

44:55ish. I decided to go for speed instead of education (and, frankly, I wasn't in the mood to be a spectacle), so I wore the aqua socks ($6). I felt I was definitely hitting the ground harder than I would have if barefoot, even though I really tried to focus on lifting the feet and being quiet.

It was a good cardio workout. I kept a consistent, mildly anaerobic pace (I think).

Can you tell I'm looking forward to the next road race? Don't get me wrong, I love the trails, and the organizers at Twin City Track Club run a first-rate operation. Trails are just tough, and I don't want anyone hearing me say "ouch."

Next weekend is the Triple Lake Trail Race. I'm doing the half marathon, despite what the website says. I'm familiar with this course, and it's tough. I'm going for a finish without injury goal.

Oh, and how about me being all speedy today? I should break a toe more often. It's fine, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment