The bare foot is the best running coach money can't buy.

Please visit me at my new site...

This site now has a permanent URL at www.BarefootJosh.com. You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds, or go ahead and click here to go there now.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blue Ridge Marathon Poster Contest

Head on over to their blog and check out the awesome poster contestants for the big show. Vote on your favorite, you might win a free entry.

Folks, I don't know if you've seen the commercial with Tony Stewart (NASCAR driver) endorsing Burger King. If you're not familiar with Tony Stewart, he's a pudgy guy and makes no effort to get in shape. He's at peace with who he is. He is a proud Burger King sponsor and consumer. For the record, I'm totally cool with that. I don't think fitness is an ethical issue. Anyway, the commercial is funny because there is absolutely no question in the viewers mind that Tony Stewart loves Burger King.

I love hills. I don't know why; I like to try to get to the top as fast as I can, slow, in between. There's something adventurous about them, like I should be carrying a silver dagger, +2 against goblins. I mean, because, let's face it, I'm a short guy running barefoot. I kind of have to be the hobbit in this adventure scenario, and hobbits carry daggers.

Whoa, sorry. Nerded out there for a second. What was I saying? Oh, right. The Blue Ridge Parkway Marathon. It's hilly.


I even eat two breakfasts. I don't live in a hill, but would love to. I'd have a cool round door, hang out with wizards.

Oops. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment