The bare foot is the best running coach money can't buy.

Please visit me at my new site...

This site now has a permanent URL at www.BarefootJosh.com. You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds, or go ahead and click here to go there now.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Barefoot Running is a Fad

Fad
–noun

a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., esp. one followed enthusiastically by a group.

That sounds about right. Even the temporary part. I don't think it will catch on. Sure, I'd like it to; maybe I could build a nice little nest egg from the revenue earned by teaching people how to run barefoot. Actually, I couldn't. People would quickly realize their feet are smarter and better coaches than me.

I do think I'm going to stick with it, however. Be a member of that "group." I probably wouldn't feel that way if people were jerks about it, but for the most part they haven't been. I live in a small town in NC. I am quite plainly not from around these parts. They probably think I'm a little nuts, but everyone I've encountered has been polite, amused, and accepting. Except for one lady, who avoids eye contact with me when I wave good morning. She'll like me eventually.

Also, note the definition of fad does not say false, or misguided, or wrong. I think running barefoot is the right way to do it. I guess I should add a "for me" at the end of that sentence, but I don't see why the benefits of running barefoot should apply only to me and a few other runners. But you know you better than I know you, so I've got no business being preachy about it.

Ultimately, I just want to run.

1 comment:

  1. If running barefoot makes you happy and you enjoy it than don't worry about what others think! Continue on with it.

    ReplyDelete