The bare foot is the best running coach money can't buy.

Please visit me at my new site...

This site now has a permanent URL at www.BarefootJosh.com. You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds, or go ahead and click here to go there now.

Monday, October 12, 2009

And the winner is...

Larry Gibbons! He is now the proud owner of a ticket to the inaugural Blue Ridge Marathon!

His answer to the question, "what was your worst pre-race meal?" was:

"
A Power Bar. It was a disgusting chewy mess. Every bite took a minute to swallow, and then it sat in my stomach like lead."

Well that's just swell, Larry. I was so close to signing a multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with the Power Bar corporation. Now I have to continue looking for a real job.

As if that wasn't enough, it turns out Larry is one of like, two or three other barefooters in NC. He's probably faster than me, too.

I am a man of integrity. I will honor the selection made by The True Random Number Generator, even though it costs me MILLIONS of dolllars AND I won't be able to hog all the barefoot attention at the marathon.

So now I live for one reason and one reason only: beat Larry Gibbons. It's on, Larry. Bring it.

And congrats again.

ADDENDUM: How rude of me - I neglected to say thanks to all who entered. So, thanks to all who entered!

No comments:

Post a Comment